In today’s cluttered media space, research shows that video stands out as one of the most effective ways to reach potential customers. However, a perfect, polished video alone doesn’t automatically generate leads or sales.
Developing an interactive video strategy is key for effectively connecting customers with your brand. Here’s why:
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80 percent
- After watching a video, 64 percent of users are more likely to buy a product online
- An estimated 92 percent of mobile video consumers share videos with others
Standard videos are a form of one-way communication and don’t allow for much interaction. Using emerging technology tools like interactive video gets the viewer involved so they are no longer a passive participant. Interactive video provides a unique promotional experience by empowering the customer to decide what happens next, which can improve ad recall and favorability.
Interactive video can take your marketing campaign to the next level and serve as an effective customer engagement strategy. Several quick and easy connection tactics that marketers can leverage to nudge customers into making a purchasing decision include:
- Point customers to your website with one swipe
- Encourage customers to check out a product demo with an in-video annotation
- Ask customers to enter an email address and subscribe to your e-newsletter to stay up-to-date with future releases
- Keep customers engaged with entertaining content like a quiz or game
Integrating moments of connection in your video not only creates a better experience for viewers, but it also provides valuable consumer insights for you. By gathering data on their interactions, you will learn more about their interests and habits based on where they swipe or click.
By enhancing your video with interactive elements, you also gain more flexibility. With tight attention spans, shorter videos typically perform better because there is only so much information a brand can present in 30 seconds. Through an interactive video, you can link customers to all of the information they need without overwhelming them with a longer segment.
Interactive video allows you to get creative, think beyond the frame and extend the time consumers spend with your brand. Are you ready to press play on an interactive video campaign? Schedule a Possibilities Review to see how we can provide interactive marketing solutions for your next program.